Saturday, January 14, 2012

~Relationship Reflection~

Having healthy relationships and partnerships are extremely important to me for several reasons.  I strongly believe healthy relationships affects our happiness, and the ways in which we deal and cope with stress.  Relationships can have an impact on our emotional and social health as well as aspects of physical health.  Relationships bring love, support, advice, compassion, sympathy, and a whole lot more.

To the right is a portrait of my parents...Gregory and Mary
My mom is one of my biggest supporters and she is the reason that i am the strong independent woman that I am today.  My mother is always there when I need that extra push to keep me going, and she does not hesitate to put me in my place. 

My father is the greatest man alive!!! He has the ability to turn your worst day into the best day of your life with simple words and a warm smile.  My dad has always been a very patient man, and always make me fill as if I can conquer the world.  Growing up many of friends loved to come to my house because their fathers were not around and my father made every feel loved and appreciated.  
                    ~Together my mother and father were yin and yang, which represented a perfect partnership~

 
To the left is my daughter, and to the right is my son.....
Words could not express the impact my relationship with my children have on my life.  My children are my biggest supporters and motivators.  They are literally the driving force of my determination and focus. 


Although I am a single mother I still have a very good relationship with the father of my children.  Regardless of what problems or differences me and him may have, we always find ways to push them aside for the well being of our children. 


NAKEISHA, NATASHA, and GREGORY JR. (3 older siblings):  The roles and relationships I had with each sibling was different but they fit perfectly together.  Because I am the youngest sibling I got spoiled often.  Nakeisha was the sibling that helped me with homework, and allowed me to help take care of her responsibilities.  Natasha taught me how to protect myself, and she also allowed me to teach her things.  Gregory is the only boy and because we are the closest in age he taught me the true definition of "anything you could do I can do better".  My dad use to joke with his friends and say "I won't have to worry about her because Jr. got her "Tonka Tough".  Because of my siblings I value education, responsibility, and helping others.

 ****Building all of these relationships took time, as well as ups and downs.  With every relationship one must go through challenges in order to learn the dynamics of the relationship.  The road to building each of these relationships consisted of many tears, hurt feelings, arguments, pain, laughter, sadness, as well as happiness.  If I could I would not change a single experience because it is those that set the foundation of our relationships. I am thankful and blessed to have so many positive people in my life.****

****Outside of the above mentioned relationships I have countless others that has a impact just as big as those.****
 

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post. I do understand how your children can be one of your biggest motivators. Children has the way of bringing out the best in you.

    When you have a relationship with some one it is like a roller coster. But if the relationship is a positive one, then the bond gets stronger in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you had the courage and determination to maintain a good relationship with the father of your children. This same determination is good to carry in the workplace. I agree with you that it takes time to build a good relationship and it is good to learn from past bad experiences with relations to better foster the current and new forming relationships..

    ReplyDelete