Saturday, April 21, 2012

~FINAL BLOG~

Over the period of this course I have had the opportunity to explore some wonderful websites and organizations.  I really wish I could have established contact with an international early childhood professional, but unfortunately for me that did not happen.

1.  I think the main consequence of exploring the international early childhood field is that it has sparked an urge to fight for the well being and rights of young children and families across the world.  Children do not have the ability (nor is it their responsibility) to speak for themselves in terms of their basic rights as humans, or their educational rights, and I feel as a professional this is my duty.

2.  Another consequence is that I have the ability to look at issues and trends from multiple perspectives.  I am a parent, educator, and advocate and therefore I must analyze issues and trends using the awareness tool.

3.  The final consequence is knowing about the harsh conditions that children from underdevelopment countries must endure on a daily basis.  This really saddens me because I wish I had the ability and means to provide direct assistance for ALL children.

My goal in terms of the early childhood field and international awareness is that all professionals within the early childhood field take a full stand and dedicate themselves to fighting a cause effecting children all around the world. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nashika! I have enjoyed reading your blogs throughout this course and the previous courses. I can see your strong passion as an effective child educator and advocate. Keep up the great work because you serve as a role model to me and other early childhood professionals in this class! Thanks for sharing such an inspirational blog with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having your insight as a parent, educator and advocate makes you a very well rounded ECE professional. Thank you for sharing your passions. Learning about the field internationally has also sparked an urge to advocate for children across the world. I hope one day, professionals in our field will be joining together more often to combat the issues that are present in our field. Your words are very motivating. Thank you for a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is sad knowing that children in other countries have to go through daily. It was wonderful that this class gave us the opportunity to look at early childhood in other parts of the world. It makes us thankful to know that yes we may not have the perfect situation but we do not have the worst.

    ReplyDelete