Sunday, September 23, 2012

~Communicating Differently~

Yes, I find myself communicating differently with people from different groups and cultures. When speaking with individuals from cultural backgrounds that I am unfamiliar with I am usually more of a listener, because I do not want to offend them. At times the situation may feel awkward, because I am not as comfortable.  

The manner in which I communicate with co-workers is different from the way I speak with friends. Now that I think about it,within my family I speak to members differently. The conversations I have with my parents and siblings are very different, as with my aunts/uncles and cousins.  

The most important thing that I feel I can do to communicate more effectively with people or groups, is to always remember that the communications needs will vary from person to person.  It is very important for me to take into consideration the individual communication needs, the environment and the scenario.  And lastly, I always speak to others the way I want to be treated, regardless of their behaviors.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I agree communication needs do vary from person to person. It is important to remember this in our conversations with others.

    ReplyDelete