Saturday, September 8, 2012

~Competent Communicator~

The first person to pop into my mind while creating this post is my 7 year old daughter. She can communicate better than many adults I know, and sometimes I wish I had her patience and finesse when speaking. Throughout the family she is known as "Diva", or "Lil Lady". My daughter has no problem expressing her feelings and sharing her thoughts. She will not raise her voice and engage in any kind of arguing of confrontations(This is definitely a trait that I wish I had). She often tells my son, "KD calm down you do not have to yell, or "if you can't speak to me like I'm speaking to you then this conversation is over".  My favorite quote of hers is "how do you expect to get help if you don't ask".

At times I have to ask myself, wow did she really just say that, because she speaks so maturely.  While at the nail shop I was speaking to my daughter on speakerphone, so everyone there heard our conversation. Her dad dropped her off at the nail shop, and when she walked in and acknowledged me, the other customers could not believe that I was just speaking on the phone with this little girl.  My daughter is very articulate and she speaks very proper, so they were expecting a much older person.

1 comment:

  1. It seems as though the longer I work with children and the longer I've been a mother, that we have so much that we can learn from children. I think that children haven't been jaded by past communication mishaps and are able to communicate in a very honest way. I applaud your daughter!

    ReplyDelete