Sunday, September 30, 2012

~Evaluating Effectiveness~

While completing the evaluations I had a difficult time because I can be really hard on myself at times.  I have to say that I am probably my worst critic, in a good way :). Because I am so hard on myself, I was really surprised that the results of my other 2 evaluators were aligned with my results for all 3 evaluations.  According to the results I have low communication anxiety, moderate verbal aggressiveness, and my listening style is people-oriented.  

This week I learned that my communication skills are greater than I thought.  According to the course text the manner in which I evaluate my communication experiences wards a sense a self-adequacy, which is defined as evaluating your communication as sufficient or acceptable.

Because communication is a major component in the EC field,having the ability to accurately evaluate yourself is extremely important for future improvement.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, being able to evaluate yourself before, during and after communication is imperative in the early childhood field, or all fields for that matter. Evaluating yourself will allow others to perceive you in a positive manner and will provide you with a positive outlook of yourself. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow good for you! Often communication can be tricky because we often target our message and responses based on what is expected and how those responses will look to to others. Looks like you already take into account these area in advance. I need to be a better communicator with all my communication not just my formal work communications.

    ReplyDelete