Saturday, August 18, 2012

~HOPES AND DREAMS 4 EARLYCHILDHOOD EDUCATION~

As a professional in the early childhood field with goals of becoming a childcare owner, I anticipate working with children, families, as well as colleagues who come from diverse backgrounds.  As a professional in this field I could only hope to have a positive impact on all of the lives that I am in contact with.  I want to make everyone feel comfortable, accepted, and appreciated for who they are.  

Seeing as I have a bachelor's degree which entitles me to work with young children, I find it very odd that I have learned so much with regards to diversity,equity, and social justice in this course. A goal that I would like for the early childhood field is ensuring that adequate training is received in these areas before working with children is permitted.  I have been working with young children and families for years and never realized that I even had bias, that can potentially affect me interactions with others.  

I would like to thank my colleagues for your comments,contributions and personal insights in this course.  With your participation was greatly needed and appreciated. Good Luck in all your future classes, and I hope to have the opportunity to work with all of you again!! 

1 comment:

  1. If you truly want to make everyone you work with feel accepted and appreciated for who they are, then you will accomplish that endeavor. Cultural acceptance begins with understanding yourself first. Then one will be ready to respect diversity. To be able to fully understand diversity, one cannot just learn it in a course but one needs to personally experience them. From you experiences in working with children and families and how you have responded to course discussions and blogs, I am sure you have empower many people to appreciate themselves.

    ReplyDelete